Online: Facebook “Forget Me Not Family Society~Adoption Circles” Request to join this closed group.
In person: Our post-adoption support groups are open to adult adoptees, birth/natural/first parents, adoptive parents and those in a supportive role. There is no cost and membership is not required. Confidentiality is key: What’s said in the room, stays in the room.
COVID-19 UPDATE: In-person support groups are currently on hold due to restrictions on gatherings.
SOME GROUPS MAY HOLD ONLINE MEETINGS via video chat. Contact your group leader for more information.
New Westminster Support Group
- Effective January 2020: back to the 1st Tuesday of the month: January 7, February 4, March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2, July 7, August 4, September 1, October 6, November 3, December 1, 2020.
- New Westminster Public Library, Ash Street Room from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Contact Nancy Kato 604-777-2920.
East Fraser Valley Group, Abbotsford, BC
- Zoom support meeting EVENINGS – 7:00 pm (about once every 3 weeks, request an invitation) In person meetings will no longer be held on Thursday evenings.
- In-person support – ON HOLD – When safe to resume, will be MORNINGS on the 1ST Sunday of the month – TBA
- Social distancing expected to be in effect, large room
- Location: Crossroads Restaurant 1822 Sumas Way, Abbotsford, BC. (Located on the North side of the highway before you would reach the Spaghetti Factory.) The section is closed off from the public, which makes it a bit more private and quiet. Ask for Marnie’s table.
- Call Marnie 1-604-828-9577 or use contact link below:
Contact us for more details.
Other Support Groups
Other groups do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of FMNFS and are listed for your information only.
Vancouver, BC: The Adoptees Association holds a discussion group for adopted adults monthly. For more information visit www.adopteesassociation.ca