Online: Facebook “Forget Me Not Family Society~Adoption Circles” Request to join this closed group.
In person: Our post-adoption support groups are open to adult adoptees, birth/natural/first parents, adoptive parents and those in a supportive role. There is no cost and membership is not required. Confidentiality is key: What’s said in the room, stays in the room.
New Westminster Support Group
- Effective January 2020: back to the 1st Tuesday of the month: January 7, February 4, March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2, July 7, August 4, September 1, October 6, November 3, December 1, 2020.
- New Westminster Public Library, Ash Street Room from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Contact Nancy Kato 604-777-2920.
East Fraser Valley Group, Abbotsford, BC
- 1st Thursday of each month
- Location: Crossroads Restaurant 1822 Sumas Way, Abbotsford, BC. (Located on the North side of the highway before you would reach the Spaghetti Factory.) The restaurant closes at 9 pm. The section we are in is already closed, which makes it a bit more private and quiet. We currently meet from 6:30-8:30, which could change. Ask for the table reserved for Marnie. Please let me know how many tables to reserve.
- Contact Marnie 1-604-828-9577.
Contact us for more details.
Other Support Groups
Other groups do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of FMNFS and are listed for your information only.
Vancouver, BC: The Adoptees Association holds a discussion group for adopted adults monthly. For more information visit www.adopteesassociation.ca