contributed by Bernadette Dumas-Rymer
Contents – search for these articles on https://bccatholic.ca/voices/
PART 1: Website September 23, 2020: Newspaper Hard copy publication September 28, 2020
1. Separated at birth: ‘If I kept my child I could never return home’ : By Bernadette Dumas-Rymer: September 23, 2020 https://bccatholic.ca/voices/bernadette-dumas-rymer/separated-at-birth-if-i-kept-my-child-i-could-never-return-home
2. Adoption Gone Wrong : By James Borkowski, Director of Operations, Vancouver Catholic Office: September 23, 2020
3. Separated at Birth: Thousands of moms forced to give up babies: By Agnieszak Ruck
On the BC Catholic Website this article is named: Perfect storm’ forced 300,000 mothers to give up their babies. BY AGNIESZKA RUCK: September 23, 2020
PART 2: Website October 1, 2020: Newspaper Hard copy publication October 5, 2020
4. Two years later, mothers are still waiting for apology: By Agnieszka Ruck October 1, 2020 Senate of Canada Report ‘The Shame is Ours: Forced Adoptions of the Babies of Unmarried mothers in Post-war Canada.
5. What does it take for a culture to change?’ by Therese (Dumas) Curtis October 1, 2020 (My oldest sister reflects on the time and events surrounding the forced adoption of my baby, and the culture of the time).
6. New film grapples with ‘one of the biggest secrets’ in Canadian history By Agnieszka Ruck October 1, 2020
7. Mum’s The Word: no anger, just pain, healing and justice. Film Review by David Baird: Online October 1,2020
Part 3: Website October 8, 2020 Newspaper Hard copy publication October 12, 2020
8. Digging deep: Adoptees share the emotional journeys of discovering their roots
Featuring interviews with Marnie Tetz, President, FMNFS and Wendy Rowney, President, ASK< Adoption Support Kinship: By Agnieszka Ruck October 8, 2020
9. Doorways to Healing: List of Canadian support organizations and peer groups.